Last updated: 08h59 on Tuesday, 24 March 2020
On 23 March 2020, the President of South Africa ordered a 21-day national shutdown from 00h00 on Thursday, 26 March 2020 to 00h00 on Thursday, 16 April 2020. We are complying with this shutdown and our offices are closed but we continue to be fully available remotely for pre-existing and new matters. We hope that everyone stays safe during this time.
Contact number: +2781 415 4554
E-mail: [email protected]
Following the South African President’s declaration of a national disaster as a result of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) on Sunday, 15 March 2020, Power Singh Inc. is committed to taking proactive measures to promote the safety of our staff, clients and service providers. We agree with the President that this is not a time to panic but to take reasonable measures to try and mitigate the spread of COVID‑19.
While Power Singh Inc. is capable of working largely online and we do not foresee undue disruption to our service offerings, we detail below an overview of our measures to promote the safety of our staff, clients and service providers in the midst of COVID-19:
- We continue to monitor developments in relation to COVID-19 and will endeavour to notify and update our staff, clients and service providers accordingly through our internal communications channels, social media feeds, e-mail, and over the phone to ensure the least disruption possible to our service offerings.
- Where staff members, clients and service providers suspect that they may have contracted COVID-19 or where a case of COVID-19 is confirmed, we have requested that we are notified immediately and that staff members self-quarantine, seek guidance from health-care professionals, and seek our guidance and support. In such an event, all staff, clients and service providers will be immediately notified and we will endeavour to support our staff in seeking medial support.
- We have asked all staff to limit non-essential personal travel and to advise us of any anticipated personal travel in the coming weeks.
- Staff and service providers are not required to attend at our offices and staff are welcome to work from home. Additionally, staff are not required to use public transport for work-related purposes or to attend in-person client meetings. However, for staff working from home, we remain fully available online to attend to client files and engage with clients and service providers.
- All non-essential internal and external in-person engagements and work-related domestic and international travel is prohibited until further notice. However, we will endeavour to make online facilities, such as Zoom and Skype, available to limit disruption to meetings which have already been scheduled.
- Our office and building remain open for essential engagements and hand-sanitiser is available. All persons entering our premises will be requested to sanitise their hands, to practice social distancing, and to avoid any physical contact.
- Within our building, information will be shared among tenants to monitor any COVID-19 cases and staff, clients and service providers will be advised of any developments.
We may issue further advisory notes as this process develops and take the view that together we can mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
For further information, please contact:
Michael Power, Director at Power Singh Inc., e-mail: [email protected]
Avani Singh, Director at ALT Advisory, e-mail: [email protected]
South Africa’s Coronovirus Resources Portal, which is administered by the Department of Health, can be accessed here.