Call for nominations or applications: Full time Commissioners to the South African Human Rights Commission1 min read
The Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services have called for nominations or applications from individuals, organisations, institutions and civil society for two suitable persons to be recommended for appointment as full-time Commissioners to the South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC).
The nominee or applicant must:
- Be a South African citizen.
- Be a fit and proper person to the hold office of the SAHRC.
- Have a record of commitment to promoting and respecting human rights.
- Have applicable knowledge or experience on matters connected with the objects of the SAHRC,
- Comply with any other requirements prescribed by national legislation, in particular the South African Human Rights Commission Act 40 of 2013.
Nominations should be accompanied by the full name, address and contact details of the person or organisation making the nomination and the signed acceptance of the nomination by the nominee. For both nominations and applications, the accompanying curriculum vitae should provide the nominee or applicant’s full name, ID number and gender; contact details including physical address, telephone/cell number and email address; relevant previous experience (including relevant dates and organisations concerned); and academic qualifications.
The deadline for nominations and applications is 31 December 2020 at 17h00.
The call for nominations and applications is accessible here.
Please note: The information contained in this note is for general guidance on matters of interest, and does not constitute legal advice. For any enquiries, please contact us at [email protected].