About the 2023 Candidate Legal Practitioner (CLP) Programme
Power Singh Inc. seeks to appoint two candidate legal practitioners to serve their Practical Vocational Training Contracts at its Rosebank, Johannesburg office from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2024.
Applications close at 17h00 (UTC+2) on Thursday, 31 March 2022.
About Power Singh Inc.
Power Singh Inc. is a public interest law firm seeking to ensure public and private sector accountability and the full realisation of fundamental rights and freedoms. We work in the areas of strategic and test case litigation, advocacy and activism, public participation, and research.
Our mission is to offer legal services to underrepresented people and causes, to defend and develop the Constitution and the rule of law, and to ensure just and equitable outcomes for our clients
- Possession of a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) degree or in the final year of completion of an LL.B. degree.
- Familiarity with and a displayed interest in the fields of constitutional law, administrative law, public international law, and / or related human rights laws.
- Proven record of public interest and pro bono work, and a commitment to social justice.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Possession of a Master of Laws (LL.M.) or an equivalent post-graduate legal degree.
- Work experience as a clerk in a South African court, including the Constitutional Court of South Africa.
- Work experience in domestic, regional, and international human rights and / or social justice movements, particularly in the areas of constitutional law, administrative law, public international law, and / or related human rights laws.
- Fluency in South African languages.
Salary and benefits
Power Singh Inc. seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation. Our benefits include an education allowance, medical-aid, gym membership, and the ability to work flexible working hours.
Candidate Legal Practitioners will be contracted for a two year period.
Commitment to diversity
We do not discriminate in our hiring practices and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Power Singh Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from previously disadvantaged persons.
Apply for the 2023 CLP Programme
To apply for the the 2023 CLP Programme, please e-mail a motivational letter detailing your suitability for this opportunity, your CV with two contactable references, and copies of your degree certificates and academic transcripts to Jessie Rashid at [email protected] by 17h00 (UTC+2) on Thursday, 31 March 2022. (Please also confirm in your motivational letter that you are eligible to enter into a Practical Vocational Training Contract in terms of the Legal Practice Act 28 of 2014.)
Please include “CLP 2023: YOUR NAME” in the subject line of the e-mail, and kindly note that shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a written assignment.
Please note that if you have not been contacted by 30 April 2022, please consider your application unsuccessful.
We are not in a position to engage with recruitment agencies for this position.
For further information, please e-mail Jessie Rashid at [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you!
Days left to apply